Whatever possessed me to start a blog I have no idea??? But I’ve been toying with the idea for a few weeks now and I've bitten the bullet. After all who the hell is going to read it right J the one thing that would fill me with dread in school was having to write English essays!!! I was horrendous!! This going to be a complete hit and miss project for me. I'm completely winging it but sometimes that the best way to learn right?
My strongest subject however, was Art <3 I love it!! I was always crafty, making things, painting things….. Then somewhere along the way I’d forgotten that! Between leaving school, going to college, getting a job, travelling the world for a year, coming home getting another office job, getting married and having 2 fab kids I thought the arty side of me was gone…… well I was wrong J I have discovered it again J
So now between school runs and playground trips I squeeze in the time to make a few bags, necklaces or whatever my latest obsession happens to be.
Now the first time I even touched a sewing machine was probably about 6 months ago and to be honest I found them a bit scary. The thought of your fingers being so close to that needle hammering away just gave me the shivers!!! But I had grown up with my mum always at the sewing machine, making a lot of our clothes as young kids and making her own fab dresses. She was pretty impressive! Wonder why it’s taken me 34yrs to come round to sitting at a machine?? Anyway I’ve since discovered that I may just have the “knack” J I no longer fear the sewing machine but feel pretty comfortable sitting at it. Pushing myself to stretch my ability and try new techniques. And all I can say it thank goodness for the internet!! It’s been a fountain of knowledge!
No comments:
Post a Comment